SF on...NFL Draft

>> Wednesday, March 25, 2009

There has been a lot of football news today from the NFL largely due to the NFL Owners' meeting yesterday in California. It truly as been a juicy day for football and, if you are a football enthusiast like myself, I bet you are enjoying it all. I am sifting through the plethora of news, blogs and articles so you should be getting more posts soon; this one looks at the NFL Draft coming later this year on April 25-26.

Here are a few things that jump out at me when I look at the Draft Order for this year:

Detroit Lions are getting another Top 10 pick in this year's Draft. A lot of people and media outlets are speculating that the pick might as well be Matthew Stafford. I do not know a whole lot about Stafford but I would be skeptical if I were a Lions' fan because it seems like there is so much more hype than anything else when it comes to the QB prospect. It might benefit the Lions greatly to trade away this draft choice than to risk taking a cap hit on a potential bust. Stafford's resume still leaves a lot to be desired. Everyone keeps talking about how Matt Ryan was key in the successful turn-around for the Atlanta Falcons last seasons but they also forget to mention the wealth of experience he already had coming into the League. Being a 21 year old Junior from Georgia just does not give me confidence that the Ryan-Effect will repeat itself again. The Lions are better off drafting a solid Offensive Lineman this year.

A couple of the high prospect guys that are intriguing to me are:

Darrius Heyward-Bey (I think this guy will have value for sure in the NFL based on his athleticism)
Michael Oher
Chris "Beanie" Wells
B.J. Raji
Clay Matthews and,
Aaron Curry.

Of course those are just guys that intrigue me and it does not mean other guys will not be successful in the NFL.

The complete list and review of the upcoming Draft Order as published by ESPN's Scout Inc; check it out.

Let it be known: I Love Compensatory Picks.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP